New Senator Tuberville Seems to Lack Basic Knowledge of World War IIBreaking News
tags: Senate, Alabama, World War 2, historical ignorance
Tommy Tuberville may have gotten an “A” from Alabama voters Tuesday night, but likely earned an “F” from history teachers.
Tuberville described how his father was a part of “liberating Paris from socialism and communism.”
Americans liberated France from German Nazis – facists, not socialists, nor communists.
It wasn’t his first “historic” gaffe. During the campaign, Jones criticized Tuberville for not knowing what the Voting Rights Act was.
comments powered by Disqus
- Head of Planned Parenthood: We’re Done Making Excuses for Our Founder
- By Bearing Witness — And Hitting ‘Record’ — 17-Year-Old Darnella Frazier May Have Changed The World
- Sanders, Jayapal Introduce Bill to Make College Tuition-Free for Many Americans
- The Radical Politics of Nina Simone
- The Fruit of Power
- The Twists and Turns of Black History (Review)
- The Ever-Changing Past: Why All History is Revisionist History – James Banner at the Washington History Seminar (May 3)
- Honoring Excellence, Electing New Members: New Members of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- The Girl in the Kent State Photo
- The Historian Annette Gordon-Reed Gets Personal in ‘On Juneteenth’