New Senator Tuberville Seems to Lack Basic Knowledge of World War IIBreaking News
tags: Senate, Alabama, World War 2, historical ignorance
Tommy Tuberville may have gotten an “A” from Alabama voters Tuesday night, but likely earned an “F” from history teachers.
Tuberville described how his father was a part of “liberating Paris from socialism and communism.”
Americans liberated France from German Nazis – facists, not socialists, nor communists.
It wasn’t his first “historic” gaffe. During the campaign, Jones criticized Tuberville for not knowing what the Voting Rights Act was.
comments powered by Disqus
- Erika Lee and Carol Anderson on Myths and Realities of Race in American History
- Banished Podcast: Sunshine State's Descent Into Darkness
- Caroline Dodds Pennock on The Indigenous Americans Who Visited Europe
- Why Can't the Democrats Build a Governing Majority? (Review of Timothy Shenk)
- Victimhood and Vengeance: The Reactionary Roots of Christian Nationalism