UNC Wilmington Professor Mike Adams Found Dead in His HomeBreaking News
A University of North Carolina Wilmington professor who was set to retire in August after a history of posting controversial social media comments has been found dead in his home, according to reports.
Mike Adams, 55, a tenured criminology professor, was found dead alone in his home when deputies with the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office conducted a welfare check about 2 p.m. Thursday, police spokesman Lt. Jerry Brewer told CNN.
Police are investigating at his house on Windsong Road, but did not release any other details, according to the News & Observer. Adams’ family and the university have been notified, Brewer said.
“It is with sadness that we share the news that the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office is conducting a death investigation involving Dr. Mike Adams, professor of criminology. Please keep his friends and loved ones in your thoughts,” the university said in a statement.
Adams had reached a settlement agreement with the university for more than $500,000 and was set to retire on Aug. 1, according to the news outlet.
comments powered by Disqus
- How to Make Jim Jordan Talk about January 6? Ask Jefferson Davis
- The Void That Critical Race Theory Was Created to Fill
- 95% of Capitol Sculptures Depict Men. Will That Change Soon?
- Southern Children Need to Hear the Truth about History
- Is a Group of New Deal Descendants Influencing the Biden Administration?