Retired NMSU Professor's Blog Offers A Road Trip Through U.S. HistoryHistorians in the News
tags: historic preservation, National Parks, blogs
Many national parks, museums, and historic places have been closed across the country to prevent the spread of COVID-19, but you can still visit many historic places online thanks to retired NMSU history professor Jon Hunner’s blog.
Since 2012, Hunner says he has traveled over 60,000 miles visiting places preserved by the National Park Service as well as other historic sites. The blog “Driven by History: A Road Trip through our National Parks” shares Hunner’s experience of hitting the road and exploring U.S. history. He says his trip explores history from the “Bering Land Bridge to the Moon Landing.”
comments powered by Disqus
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel