Cadence13 and Pulitzer Prize-Winning Historian Jon Meacham Partner to Produce Documentary Podcast Series for These TimesHistorians in the News
tags: Jon Meacham, podcast, historian, coronavirus
Hope, Though History will focus on one crisis for each installment of the five-episode series, including: the 1918 Flu Pandemic; the Great Depression; World War II; the polio epidemic; and the Cuban Missile Crisis. Episode One spotlighting the Great Depression will launch on Tuesday, April 21, 2020 on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, RADIO.COM and everywhere podcasts are available, with new episodes available on Tuesdays throughout the series. Listen to the trailer and subscribe to the series here: https://bit.ly/HopeThroughHistory.
Notable guests throughout the series includes renowned presidential historian and bestselling author Doris Kearns Goodwin; Walter Isaacson, Professor of History, Tulane University, bestselling author, Distinguished Fellow, Aspen Institute; Eddie S. Glaude, Jr., chair, Department of African American Studies, Princeton; award-winning presidential historian Michael Beschloss; historian and bestselling author Evan Thomas; David M. Oshinsky, Jack S. Blanton Chair, History at the University of Texas and Distinguished Scholar in Residence at New York University; award-winning historian and author Geoffrey C. Ward; David M. Kennedy, author and Professor of History, Emeritus, Stanford; Allida Black, author and award-winning Professor of History and International Affairs, The George Washington University; bestselling author Erik Larson; and award-winning, bestselling author Andrew Roberts, Visiting Professor at the War Studies Department at King's College.
comments powered by Disqus
- Is the Academy's New Museum Neglecting the Jewish Creators of Hollywood?
- Macron Commemorates 1961 Killing of Algerian Protesters by Paris Police
- Jefferson Statue to be Removed from NY City Council Chambers
- Mary McLeod Bethune Statue is Coming to the Capitol
- A Century-Long "Reign of Error" for SCOTUS Typo
- Lecture: H.W. Brands on The First Civil War – Loyalists and Patriots in the American Revolution (11/23)
- AHA Announces 2021 Prize Winners
- Phil Collins Sets Off a New Battle Over the Alamo
- "This Obstinate Little Man": Tom Segev on Ben-Gurion as the King Lear of Zionism
- Historian: At 100th Anniversary, the Origins of LULAC are in San Antonio