Trump signs bill to honor women's suffrageBreaking News
tags: women suffrage
President Trump signed a bill on Monday that celebrates women's right to vote.
The divided Congress has been unable to agree on much throughout Mr. Trump's presidency, especially since the House launched an impeachment inquiry against him, but the Women's Suffrage Centennial Commemorative Coin Act passed with unanimous consent.
The bill directs the Treasury Department to create currency that honors the women who played a major part in passage of the 19th Amendment, which was ratified in 1920.
The bill was introduced by Representative Elise Stefanik of New York, one of the first states to give women the right to vote.
comments powered by Disqus
- The War (Not The Flu) That Saved The World Series
- ‘Unworthy Republic’ Takes an Unflinching Look at Indian Removal in the 1830s
- The Unlikely Story Behind Japanese Americans' Campaign For Reparations
- The U.S. Government Has Mobilized Private Companies to Face Crises Before. Here’s What to Know
- A Side Effect of Remote Teaching During Covid-19? Videos That Can Be Weaponized