Student group demands firing of Seton Hall professor for ‘controversial’ commentsHistorians in the News
tags: education, history, academia
The Seton Hall University student group known as The Concerned 44 is demanding the resignation or the firing of a history professor for “controversial” comments he made on his personal website.
Professor Williamjames Hoffer had compared The Concerned 44 to the KKK, writing “As usual, replace ‘black and brown’ with white and vice versa, and you cannot tell the difference between the Concerned 44 and the Ku Klux Klan.”
In addition, in a year-old Facebook post Hoffer had called the Southern Poverty Law Center a “hate group,” and claimed that Black Lives Matter and radical Muslim terrorists are a bigger threat than the KKK and Neo-Nazis, The Setonian reports.
comments powered by Disqus
- The History Behind Hong Kong's Ongoing Protests
- The last time a ‘Tanker War’ broke out in the Persian Gulf, it lasted for years
- Clarence Thomas says a Smithsonian exhibit about him is wrong. (It’s not.)
- Will Apollo Nostalgia Help NASA Get Its Artemis Moon Money?
- America's M4 Sherman Tank: World War II Wonder Weapon or Blunder Weapon?
- How Accurate is HBO's Chernobyl? Experts Weigh In
- Anthony Price, British author of thrillers with deep links to history, dies at 90
- Students and Parents Push for Better Textbooks to Help Fight Hate and Stereotypes
- CSIS destroyed secret file on Pierre Trudeau, stunning historians
- Truman Library Announces $25 Million Transformation