For once the Internet got a quote attributed to a president rightBreaking News
Internet users are rightly skeptical of any piece of media featuring an image of a person and a quote, as this category of content more often than not contains fabricated or misattributed messages. Every once in awhile, however, the internet gets it right, as was the case for this meme featuring an image of President Dwight D. Eisenhower and a quote concerning the objective of political parties:
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.
This statement was taken from a speech President Eisenhower delivered at the Fourth Annual Republican Women’s National Conference on 6 March 1956.
comments powered by Disqus
- Oklahoma ACLU Files Suit Against State Ban on Critical Race Theory
- St. Malo, Louisiana, Site of Earliest Filipino-American Settlement, Threatened by Climate Change
- Executive Privilege was out of Control Before Steve Bannon Claimed It
- Can Skeletons Have Racial Identity?
- Diver Discovers 900-Year-Old Sword Dating to the Crusades
- Leonard Moore: On Teaching Black History to White People
- How Cigarettes Became a Civil Rights Issue
- David Graeber and David Wengrow Have Given Human History a Rewrite
- Dems Worry Not Passing Biden Agenda Will Kill Them in the Midterms. Does Legislation Actually Matter?
- #HATM: "Historians at the Movies" Builds Community One Screening at a Time