For once the Internet got a quote attributed to a president rightBreaking News
Internet users are rightly skeptical of any piece of media featuring an image of a person and a quote, as this category of content more often than not contains fabricated or misattributed messages. Every once in awhile, however, the internet gets it right, as was the case for this meme featuring an image of President Dwight D. Eisenhower and a quote concerning the objective of political parties:
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.
This statement was taken from a speech President Eisenhower delivered at the Fourth Annual Republican Women’s National Conference on 6 March 1956.
comments powered by Disqus
- A Gold Rush Town Removes a Noose From Its Logo
- U.N. Panel Calls British Report on Race a Repackaging of ‘Tropes’
- Richard Wright’s Newly Restored Novel Is a Tale for Today
- From Rodney King to George Floyd: Reliving the Scars of Police Violence
- Stuck At 435 Representatives? Why The U.S. House Hasn't Grown With Census Counts
- 'The Making Of Biblical Womanhood' Tackles Contradictions In Religious Practice
- Choosing Empire: America Before And After World War II
- Heeding the Lessons of Weimar
- Before the Civil War, New Orleans Was the Center of the U.S. Slave Trade (Excerpt)
- ‘If We Don’t Adapt, We Will Wither Away’: Louis Menand on the University