For once the Internet got a quote attributed to a president rightBreaking News
Internet users are rightly skeptical of any piece of media featuring an image of a person and a quote, as this category of content more often than not contains fabricated or misattributed messages. Every once in awhile, however, the internet gets it right, as was the case for this meme featuring an image of President Dwight D. Eisenhower and a quote concerning the objective of political parties:
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.
This statement was taken from a speech President Eisenhower delivered at the Fourth Annual Republican Women’s National Conference on 6 March 1956.
comments powered by Disqus
- TikTok Spurs Frenzy over Fake Photos of Nanjing Atrocities
- Justice Jackson's Questioning in Voting Rights Case Shows History Won't be Left to Court's Right Wing
- The "Stolen Babies" of Fascist Spain Seek the Truth
- What Lizzo Can Teach the Right about History
- Law Professor Unearths Murder Cases from Jim Crow Era
- Pekka Hamalainen's Ambitious Book Reinforces Some Old Myths (Review)
- Patty Limerick Speaks on Her Dismissal from CU's Center of the American West
- New Archaeology of Lost Crops Shows the Reign of Corn Wasn't Inevitable
- Shortlist for Cundill History Prize Released
- Mireya Loza's History of Farm Work Will Shape Equity in Agriculture Industry