Republican Sen. Ben Sasse (a historian) drops a bombshell on the debate over Brett Kavanaugh's nomination to the Supreme CourtBreaking News
tags: SCOTUS, FBI, Clarence Thomas, Anita Hill, Brett Kavanaugh, Christine Blasey Ford
Republican Sen. Ben Sasse of Nebraska gave an impassioned speech Wednesday night on the Senate floor about sexual assault and the #MeToo movement.
Sasse also dropped a bombshell about where he stood on Brett Kavanaugh's nomination to the Supreme Court, saying he had pushed for a different candidate before Trump chose Kavanaugh.
"I urged the president to nominate a different individual," Sasse said. "I urged the president to nominate a woman."
He recounted the experiences of two friends he said were raped, saying the #MeToo movement had been "complicated" but also a "very good thing."
comments powered by Disqus
- An Act of Remembering Native American Children Who Died so Long Ago
- June Willenz, Champion of Women in the Military, Dies at 95
- Remembering Ray Eurquhart, a Lifelong Activist Radicalized in the Military
- 9/11 Families Outraged by 'Massive Coverup’ Linking Saudi Arabian Official to Hijackers
- Charlottesville Official Wants To Revisit Statues’ Removal