Cohen Turned on Trump at Holocaust-survivor Father's UrgingBreaking News
tags: Trump, Michael Cohen
Related Link Is Trump’s Fascism part of the Reason for Cohen’s Willingness to Indict Him? By Juan Cole
Michael Cohen, U.S. President Donald Trump’s former personal lawyer and fixer, pleaded guilty Tuesday to campaign-finance violations and other charges. According to a new report, Cohen was compelled to turn on Trump after a conversation he had with his father earlier this year, who said he did not survive the Holocaust to have his name "sullied" by Trump.
Cohen’s extraordinary account marks the first time that any Trump associate has gone into open court and implicated Trump himself in a crime, though whether — or when — a president can be prosecuted remains a matter of legal dispute.
Maurice Cohen, a Polish Holocaust survivor, according to the Wall Street Journal urged his son to be honest about Trump, saying that he did not survive the Holocaust for Trump to destroy his family name.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Exhibit Lauded Freedom of Expression. It Was Silenced.
- What 1860 and 1968 can teach America about the 2020 presidential election
- Nevada Sen. Cortez Masto introduces bill to honor women’s suffrage with series of new quarters
- Hillary and Chelsea Clinton are writing their first book together about 'gutsy' women through history
- The Hotel Historian Is at Your Service
- 2 New Podcast Episodes Discuss How the Republican Party became the Party of Trump and CIA "Black Sites"
- ‘Karl Marx: Philosophy and Revolution’ Review: On the Marxist Question
- Tony Platt Reviews Simon Schama’s The Embarrassment of Riches: An Interpretation of Dutch Culture in the Golden Age
- Professor Breaks Down U.S. Racism, Trump’s ‘Ugliness’ In 3 Powerful Minutes
- ‘Charles I's Killers in America’ Review: Regicides on the Run