Putin Compares Deaths of Political Opponents to JFK AssassinationBreaking News
tags: Russia, Putin, JFK
“Why is it that so many of the people that oppose Vladimir Putin end up dead or close to it?” Wallace asked, listing off some well-known opposers of the Russian president who have died, including Boris Nemtsov and investigative reporter Anna Politkovskaya, as well as former Russian double-agent Sergei Skripal, who survived a nerve agent attack in Britain in March.
“Well, first of all, all of us have plenty of political rivals,” Putin responded. “I’m pretty sure President Trump has plenty of political rivals.”
Wallace pushed back saying that those people don’t “end up dead.”
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘The Crown’: The History Behind Season 3 on Netflix
- No, Trump in 2019 is not like George Washington in 1794
- Confederate Statue in North Carolina Comes Down After 112 Years
- NASA Renames Object After Uproar Over Old Name’s Nazi Connotations
- New Statue Unsettles Italian City: Is It Celebrating a Poet or a Nationalist?
- Beloved University professor passes away at 64
- British Historians Antony Beevor, Tom Holland and Dan Snow say they cannot vote for party under Corbyn
- He Predicted Both Trump’s Election and Impeachment. What Else Does He Know?
- Dorothy Seymour Mills, who received belated credit for husband's baseball books, dies at 91
- A Defense of Aristocracy: On Anthony T. Kronman’s “The Assault on American Excellence”