Is this the US president most like Trump?Breaking News
tags: Trump, Millard Fillmore
Asylum seekers and economic migrants are flocking to the United States.
Xenophobes warn these foreigners will fuel crime, drive down wages and destroy the nation.
As nativism spreads like a prairie fire, an anti-immigrant president from New York rises to power. He has a proclivity for conspiracy theories and appoints his daughter to a key White House role.
But the year isn't 2016.
It's not Donald Trump.
It's Millard Fillmore, whose sheer anonymity has made him an in-joke among presidential history fans.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Trowbridge’s Clio app featured as a top humanities project in US
- Juan Cole says Israel is now openly embracing apartheid and racial supremacy
- Historians accuse Croatia of covering up World War II Crimes
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama