Olof Palme murder: Swedish police explore 'new lead' in unsolved caseBreaking News
tags: Sweden, Olof Palme
A new investigative report by Filter Magazine has named the likely killer as Stig Engstrom, who died in 2000.
Police had initially dismissed him a suspect, but reports suggest they have recently spoken to people close to him.
Palme, a charismatic Social Democrat leader, was shot dead in the centre of Stockholm and died on the pavement.
comments powered by Disqus
- Boston Refused to Close Schools During the 1918 Flu. Then Children Began to Die
- Trump Won’t Win by Doubling-Down on his Racist Appeals but the Right’s Open Bigotry Comes at a Cost
- What to Stream: A Blazing Interview with Orson Welles By Richard Brody
- Trump’s Attack on the Postal Service Is a Threat to Democracy—and to Rural America
- Kamala Harris and the Growing Political Power of Black Women
- The Harvard Professor Who Told the World That Jesus Had a Wife (Review)
- For Black Suffragists, the Lens Was a Mighty Sword
- In Women’s Suffrage, a Spotlight for Unsung Pioneers
- A Powerful New Memorial To UVA’s Enslaved Workers Reclaims Lost Lives And Forgotten Narratives
- Unearthing New Histories of Black Appalachia (Review)