This love letter George H.W. Bush sent to Barbara is making people swoonBreaking News
tags: George HW Bush, Barbara Bush
Historians and journalists on Tuesday tweeted out the hand-written love letter that future President George H.W. Bush sent to his then-fiancée, Barbara Pierce, on Dec. 12, 1943.
Michael Beschloss, a presidential historian, tweeted that Bush was a US Navy pilot at the time during World War II. The letter, written in blue ink on Navy stationery, begins: “My darling Bar.”
The future president begins by telling her how happy he was to read their engagement announcement in the newspaper.
comments powered by Disqus
- At Summit Meetings, Kremlin Often Tried to Steamroller U.S. Presidents
- How A Tariff Loving Utah Senator Became A Cautionary Tale About Protectionism
- Pompeii excavation project reveals secrets
- In Ireland, Drought and a Drone Revealed the Outline of an Ancient Henge
- Sarcophagus Found. Contents Unknown. (‘No Guessing, Please.’)
- Oxford professor counts 93 penises in Bayeux Tapestry
- Medieval Scholars Call for Transparency and Anti-Racism at Conference
- Robert Dallek's FDR Book Invites Comparisons To Trump's Presidency
- Ridley Scott to Adapt Israeli Author's "Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind" Into a Movie
- Partisans assail historians for judging the past by today’s standards. Here’s why they’re wrong, says classicist