School suspends teachers,reprimands others after video controversyBreaking News
tags: racism, education
A teacher was suspended without pay and several more educators were reprimanded after video of a school play goes viral.
The video was being shared on Facebook showed second-graders at an Atlanta charter school performing a black history play while holding blackface masks.
Weeks after the play parents are still talking about what happened at the school. Leaders sent a message to parents stating even though the performance wasn’t done with ill intent, it did lack professional judgemental.
comments powered by Disqus
- At Summit Meetings, Kremlin Often Tried to Steamroller U.S. Presidents
- How A Tariff Loving Utah Senator Became A Cautionary Tale About Protectionism
- Pompeii excavation project reveals secrets
- In Ireland, Drought and a Drone Revealed the Outline of an Ancient Henge
- Sarcophagus Found. Contents Unknown. (‘No Guessing, Please.’)
- Oxford professor counts 93 penises in Bayeux Tapestry
- Medieval Scholars Call for Transparency and Anti-Racism at Conference
- Robert Dallek's FDR Book Invites Comparisons To Trump's Presidency
- Ridley Scott to Adapt Israeli Author's "Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind" Into a Movie
- Partisans assail historians for judging the past by today’s standards. Here’s why they’re wrong, says classicist