Florida Atlantic University professor faces opposition from students after blaming "black supremacy" for slaveryBreaking News
tags: slavery, White Supremacy, Florida Atlantic University, Marshall DeRosa
Florida Atlantic University is facing demands that it investigate Marshall DeRosa, a professor of political science who has been called a white supremacist.
“If faculty members here have ties to people who have in the past lynched my folks, I deserve to know that, do I not?” Jonathan Jackson, an alumnus who identified himself as a current graduate student in the humanities, said during a Faculty Senate meeting last week. Video of the exchange has since been shared online.
Others have called for DeRosa’s termination.
comments powered by Disqus
- New findings from Penn Slavery Project show how U. benefitted financially from enslaved labor
- Is it anti-Semitic for President Trump to call Chuck Todd ‘sleepy eyes’?
- Human Evolution: Walking Upright Evolved at Least 3.6 Million Years Ago—Long Before Modern Humans Appeared
- Why a primary challenge to Trump is likely to fail
- Smog and Disasters Spurred the Laws Trump Wants to Undo
- Feds charge controversial Kent State University professor Julio Pino with lying to FBI
- New Yorker publishes profile of H.R. McMaster just weeks after Trump fires him
- Dartmouth historian Matthew J. Garcia says conservative partisans in Arizona have taken over a civics school he once ran
- Berkeley’s Carolyn Merchant explains what ecofeminism is
- University of Southern California's David Kang says Korea is the only place on earth where the Cold War continues