Florida Atlantic University professor faces opposition from students after blaming "black supremacy" for slaveryBreaking News
tags: slavery, White Supremacy, Florida Atlantic University, Marshall DeRosa
Florida Atlantic University is facing demands that it investigate Marshall DeRosa, a professor of political science who has been called a white supremacist.
“If faculty members here have ties to people who have in the past lynched my folks, I deserve to know that, do I not?” Jonathan Jackson, an alumnus who identified himself as a current graduate student in the humanities, said during a Faculty Senate meeting last week. Video of the exchange has since been shared online.
Others have called for DeRosa’s termination.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Trowbridge’s Clio app featured as a top humanities project in US
- Juan Cole says Israel is now openly embracing apartheid and racial supremacy
- Historians accuse Croatia of covering up World War II Crimes
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama