White House hosts Black History Month eventBreaking News
tags: Black History Month, Trump
President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump hosted a reception at the White House on Tuesday honoring Black History Month.
"Our thoughts turn to the heroes of the civil rights movement whose courage and sacrifices have really totally inspired us all," Trump said at the event. "From the pews to the picket lines, African-American civil rights champions have brought out the best in us."
Trump was joined at the event by Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson and Surgeon General Jerome Adams, the only two senior Trump administration officials who are black.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Trowbridge’s Clio app featured as a top humanities project in US
- Juan Cole says Israel is now openly embracing apartheid and racial supremacy
- Historians accuse Croatia of covering up World War II Crimes
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama