Inside the London Café Accused of Glorifying ‘Racist’ Winston ChurchillBreaking News
tags: Winston Churchill
A love-him-or-loathe-him debate that’s divided Britain for more than 100 years burst back to life in a trendy North London café.
The bemused middle-class lunch crowd at Blighty was left spluttering into their flat whites when a small cadre of protesters burst into the dining room and staged an awkward, theatrical protest against the establishment’s décor.
Students from the School of Oriental and African Studies—part of the University of London—barged into the dining room at around 12:30 p.m. two Saturdays ago and recited some of Churchill’s quotes, including: “I hate Indians. They are a beastly people with a beastly religion.”
They said Churchill was a racist and a war criminal.
comments powered by Disqus
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- How the Activists Who Tore Down Durham's Confederate Statue Got Away With It
- Many Trump Voters Think We Need a White History Month
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority
- Historians fear ‘censorship’ under Poland’s Holocaust law