A “massive religious realignment in America” is underwayBreaking News
Over at Religion News Service, Jana Riess interviews Daniel Cox, research director at PRRI (Public Religion Research Institute), on a new study on the religious beliefs of Millennials and Generation Z. The study is titled “Diversity, Division, Discrimination: The State of Young America.”Here is what I learned from Jana’s interview:
● Young people believe that Americans are more divided over politics than race or religion
● Young people are not much different than older Americans on abortion, but on all other issues of human sexuality, including marriage, they are more liberal than older Americans.
● Young people are much more tolerant of non-traditional families
● Barack Obama is viewed favorably by young people, but less so among white young men
● Only 25% of young people “have a favorable impression of Trump.”
● Young people believe that Muslims in America are facing discrimination
Read the entire interview here.
comments powered by Disqus
- Pulling Back the Curtain on Industrial Toxins
- Did Abraham Lincoln sleep here?
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- The next president of the OAH will be ... Yale's Joanne Meyerowitz
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority