The Trump Presidency: Year OneBreaking News
One year ago Saturday, Donald J. Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States, kicking off an unpredictable year.
From day one, Trump dominated headlines, publicly feuding with rivals and pushing policies that upended the Washington consensus.
It was a year of highs and lows for the president. Trump and Republicans suffered a tough defeat when they failed to pass ObamaCare repeal. But they rebounded by passing a massive tax overhaul by year's end.
Hanging over the policy fights, though, were the constant controversies at the White House, from press secretary Sean Spicer's claim that the inauguration was the most watched ever to the firestorm over Trump's alleged "shithole countries" remark.
Here's a look back at Trump's unprecedented first year in office. ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Colombia's former president linked to Medellín drug cartel
- At Quaker library, a grim find: Native American remains in display case
- The spirit of 1968: global perspectives on the student revolution
- Trump Pardons Jack Johnson, Heavyweight Boxing ChampionTrump Pardons Jack Johnson, Heavyweight Boxing Champion
- Finally Found: Spanish Ship That Sank With $17B in Gold
- Historian William Polk is alarmed at the latest plan to stabilize Afghanistan
- On Becoming An American Jewish Historian
- Law professor has a theory about the 2nd Amendment historians might want to consider
- Number of history majors is up at community colleges
- Archaeologists are rewriting the history of Arabia