The Trump Presidency: Year OneBreaking News
One year ago Saturday, Donald J. Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States, kicking off an unpredictable year.
From day one, Trump dominated headlines, publicly feuding with rivals and pushing policies that upended the Washington consensus.
It was a year of highs and lows for the president. Trump and Republicans suffered a tough defeat when they failed to pass ObamaCare repeal. But they rebounded by passing a massive tax overhaul by year's end.
Hanging over the policy fights, though, were the constant controversies at the White House, from press secretary Sean Spicer's claim that the inauguration was the most watched ever to the firestorm over Trump's alleged "shithole countries" remark.
Here's a look back at Trump's unprecedented first year in office. ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Pulling Back the Curtain on Industrial Toxins
- Did Abraham Lincoln sleep here?
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- The next president of the OAH will be ... Yale's Joanne Meyerowitz
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority