Japan Balks at Calls for New Apology to South Korea Over ‘Comfort Women’Breaking News
tags: Japan, comfort women, South Korea
On matters of history, Japan and South Korea can never seem to agree to disagree.
Three days after South Korea said it would not roll back a 2015 accordover women forced into sexual slavery for the Japanese military during World War II, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan rejected on Friday “additional measures” sought by Seoul.
The issue even threatened to jeopardize his attendance at the Winter Olympics’ opening ceremony next month.
comments powered by Disqus
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama
- Oxford professor counts 93 penises in Bayeux Tapestry
- Medieval Scholars Call for Transparency and Anti-Racism at Conference
- Robert Dallek's FDR Book Invites Comparisons To Trump's Presidency