Free Speech on Campus: Interviews with Carla Hesse and Jonathan Scott HollowayHistorians in the News
tags: free speech, bias, Truth
An interview with Carla Hesse and Jonathan Scott Holloway. Hesse is Dean of Social Sciences and a professor of history at UC Berkeley. Holloway is the Provost and a professor of history at Northwestern University.
They were interviewed by the History News Network's Erik Moshe on January 5, 2018 at the annual meeting of the American Historical Association, where they appeared on the panel, "Free Speech on Campus."
comments powered by Disqus
- "People don’t realize": Trump and the historical facts he wants you to know
- Autism doctor Hans Asperger collaborated with the Nazis, new research shows
- University of Wisconsin, Madison to reckon with Ku Klux Klan history, but won't remove KKK member names from buildings
- School responds to assignment asking students to list 'positives' of slavery
- Lost in Battle, Found by Amateur Sleuths: An ‘Unknown’ Marine
- Is Sean Wilentz right that liberals believe in capitalism and progressives don’t?
- Mary Beard cut from US version of “Civilisations"
- Timothy Garton Ash: "We have six months to foil Brexit. And here’s how we can do it.”
- Why the Pulitzer Prize committee keeps ignoring women’s history
- No, we're not reliving the 1960s, says Harvard historian Arne Westad