Travel to Cuba in 2018 with HNN!HNN Travel Program
You Can Still Visit Cuba with HNN!
YOU HAVE ONLY UNTIL MARCH 30 TO SIGN UP FOR THIS TRIP.
Cuba is a country unlike any other in the world. Today we invite our readers to join us on our premier, all-inclusive week-long tour of this distinctive island country. Utilizing our extensive contacts and expertise, we’ve designed a very special, customized trip that will allow you to experience the history, literature, politics, and culture of Cuba in a way few have before.
Our tour will take us from Havana to Cienfuegos to Trinidad, where we will meet with distinguished professors of literature and sociology from the University of Havana, engage with prominent writers, poets, and publishers, visit museums with renowned curators and art historians, and enjoy music at private concerts with Cuba’s foremost jazz and trova artists. We will attend exclusive performances at the country’s famed ballet and flamenco studios, hear the stories of Afro-Cuban activists, visit the private studios of celebrated artists, and drink and dine at the new paladars (private restaurants) recently introduced as part of Raul Castro’s economic reforms.
Your journey will be hosted by Charles Bittner, a sociologist and expert on Cuban culture. Charles is administering HNN’s new global outreach program, which offers specially curated trips to our members and supporters. Throughout the week, you will also be accompanied by Christopher Elias Quesada, a graduate and professor of the prominent Facultad de Lenguas Extranjeras at the University of Havana. A lifelong Cuban, Christopher is one of Cuba’s most experienced and highly-educated guides
The all-inclusive cost of this May 27 - June 3, 2018 weeklong tour, is $5,595 per person (double occupancy gets a discounted price: $4,995) and includes:
• 7 nights accommodations in Cuba
• 5 nights Hotel in Havana
• 2-night Bed and Breakfasts in Trinidad
• Daily breakfast
• Lunches and dinners as listed on the itinerary
• All local ground transportation
• Speaker fees
• Admission to all museums and public buildings listed in itinerary
• Coordination of all listed activities
• Pre-trip departure information
• Compliance with U.S. Treasury Department regulations
(Airfare to/from Havana not included.)
For further information contact Charles Bittner at Charles@hnn.us or just call 617-833-1435.
HNN's First Trip to Cuba in 2017
comments powered by Disqus
- Archivist and bookseller plead guilty to pilfering $8M in rare texts from Carnegie Library
- The chief justice who presided over the first presidential impeachment trial thought it was political spectacle
- Hundreds of Britons Volunteered for a Diary-Keeping Project in 1937. They Left an Invaluable Record of World War II
- Fact check: After Pearl Harbor, Japanese didn't invade US because they feared armed citizens?
- How Political Divides Shape U.S. History Lessons
- AHA Encourages History Departments to Provide Full Library Access to Alumni and to Unaffiliated Historians in their Regions
- Clayborne Carson Interviewed by World Socialist Web Site on 1619 Project
- “A staggering tour de force – but an opportunity missed”: a historian’s review of the film 1917
- NY Journal of Books Reviews Wilmington's Lie: The Murderous Coup of 1898 and the Rise of White Supremacy
- AHA Enrollment Study Finds History Enrollments Hold Study as Department Efforts Intensify