Holocaust Memorial Rebuilt Outside Far-Right Politician's House By German ActivistsBreaking News
Bjoern Hoecke, a leading politician in Germany’s far-right AfD party, sparked outrage at the start of the year when he criticized Berlin’s world-famous and highly acclaimed Holocaust memorial.
“Germans are the only people in the world who plant a monument of shame in the heart of the capital,” Hoecke said, according to Reuters.
Now, 10 months later, a group of German artists have come up with a powerful response: They have built a replica of the memorial outside Hoecke’s rural home.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Rothschilds, a pamphlet by ‘Satan’ and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories tied to a battle 200 years ago
- How Smithsonian Helped Solve the Twitter Mystery of the Unknown Woman Scientist
- It’s Disturbingly Easy to Buy Iraq’s Archeological Treasures
- Geneticist at Harvard Medical School has retrieved DNA from more than 900 ancient people.
- A load of gold worth up to $54 million went missing during the Civil War. There may be a break in the case.
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism
- Q: “Sir, would you like a history of this monument?” A: “F**k You!”
- Russian gulag historian faces 9 years in prison
- “Civilisations" presenter David Olusoga blames Winston Churchill for war crimes in Africa