Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the CemeteriesBreaking News
tags: cemeteries, Confederate Monuments
Related Link HNN's Full Coverage of Charlottesville News
One by one, Confederate monuments are coming down from their perches in front of courthouses, in public squares, along city boulevards.
Now opponents to the memorials are looking through cemetery gates for more.
Local officials and residents, outraged by the violence in Charlottesville, Va., last month and determined to clear their cities of markers that glorify the Confederacy, are pushing for the removal of Confederate monuments that have adorned the graves of soldiers for decades.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historians’ assessment of Obama’s legacy
- Facebook’s Historian: Professor Heather Cox Richardson
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds