German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coastBreaking News
tags: WWI, German U-boat
The type UB-II submarine is said to be in good condition, lying at a depth of 30m (100ft) off the Belgian coast.
"The submarine is in such good condition that we reckon all the bodies are still on board," said West Flanders Governor Carl Decaluwé.
The vessel is thought to have been sunk by a mine.
comments powered by Disqus
- A load of gold worth up to $54 million went missing during the Civil War. There may be a break in the case.
- How American High Schools Teach The Iraq War
- The waves of feminism, and why people keep fighting over them, explained
- Florida to replace Confederate statue in US Capitol
- 43% of Americans still think the Iraq War was a good idea
- “Civilisations" presenter David Olusoga blames Winston Churchill for war crimes in Africa
- University of Chicago’s Hanna Holborn Gray has written a memoir
- Historians’ assessment of Obama’s legacy
- Facebook’s Historian: Professor Heather Cox Richardson
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history