Mike Pence on Confederate Statues: I'm "Someone Who Believes in More Monuments"Breaking News
tags: Mike Pence, Confederate Monuments
Vice President Mike Pence says state and local authorities should make decisions about Confederate statues, and he calls himself "someone who believes in more monuments, not less monuments."
As for the fate of Confederate statues at the U.S. Capitol, Pence says it's up to states to pick the figures represented.
He tells "Fox & Friends" that "what we have to walk away from is a desire by some to erase parts of our history just in the name of some contemporary political cause."
comments powered by Disqus
- Raw Fish and Tapeworms: Ancient Latrines Reveal the Diets of Our Ancestors
- Sam Houston Could Soon Be Getting His Own Presidential Library
- Trump delays release of some JFK assassination files until 2021, bowing to national security concerns
- A Lynching Memorial Is Opening. The Country HasNever Seen Anything Like It.
- Gina Haspel’s CIA Torture File
- Historian Erik Loomis makes the case for a federal jobs guarantee
- Michael Beschloss says this isn't the most politically divisive time in America
- This is what happened when a historian with a rural background wrote favorably about gun control in the Washington Post
- Is Economics Going Back To The 1800s? Maybe So.
- Historian: Why destroying archives is never a good idea