California Professor Won't Teach After Anti-Trump TweetHistorians in the News
tags: Trump, AntiTrump, Lars Maischak
Fresno State University in California says an American history professor who tweeted that President Donald Trump "must hang" will not be returning to teach in the fall.
University President Joseph Castro said in a statement Friday that professor Lars Maischak wouldn't be teaching when classes resume.
But he says two of his courses would be converted to an online format to fulfill a contractual obligation.
Castro says Maischak's contractual assignment concludes in December.
Maischak had taken a voluntary leave of absence after apologizing for the tweet he wrote in April.
It said: "To save American democracy, Trump must hang. The sooner and the higher, the better."
comments powered by Disqus
- The NFL Told Teams to Stand During the National Anthem in the 1960s
- When the CIA Infiltrated a Presidential Campaign
- How the Mueller Investigation Could Play Out for Trump
- Steve Bannon: Martin Luther King Would Be Proud of Donald Trump
- Conservatives are pressing Trump to demand North Korea return the USS Pueblo
- Heather Cox Richardson says the crisis of the Trump administration has begun
- Historian: Native Americans deserve to be remembered as Southerners, too
- We’re whitewashing the history of our founding, says Leslie Harris
- Historians Debate Which President Leonardo DiCaprio Should Play
- Chapel Hill’s Jay M. Smith says school administrators are scared of academic freedom