California Professor Won't Teach After Anti-Trump TweetHistorians in the News
tags: Trump, AntiTrump, Lars Maischak
Fresno State University in California says an American history professor who tweeted that President Donald Trump "must hang" will not be returning to teach in the fall.
University President Joseph Castro said in a statement Friday that professor Lars Maischak wouldn't be teaching when classes resume.
But he says two of his courses would be converted to an online format to fulfill a contractual obligation.
Castro says Maischak's contractual assignment concludes in December.
Maischak had taken a voluntary leave of absence after apologizing for the tweet he wrote in April.
It said: "To save American democracy, Trump must hang. The sooner and the higher, the better."
comments powered by Disqus
- A 1911 Report Set America On a Path of Screening Out ‘Undesirable’ Immigrants
- Think it’s strange that immigrants are in the army?
- The story of Donald Trump’s grandfather, who came to the U.S. as an unaccompanied minor
- At Summit Meetings, Kremlin Often Tried to Steamroller U.S. Presidents
- How A Tariff Loving Utah Senator Became A Cautionary Tale About Protectionism
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama
- Oxford professor counts 93 penises in Bayeux Tapestry
- Medieval Scholars Call for Transparency and Anti-Racism at Conference
- Robert Dallek's FDR Book Invites Comparisons To Trump's Presidency
- Ridley Scott to Adapt Israeli Author's "Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind" Into a Movie