Peek Inside Jackie Kennedy’s $49.5 Million Childhood HomeBreaking News
tags: Jackie Kennedy
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis's childhood home is now on the market for a whopping $49.5 million.
Located in the affluent suburb of McLean, Va., the hefty price tag makes the property, called Merrywood, the most expensive in the region.
The estate, which is currently owned by American Online co-founder Steve Case, was home to the former First Lady, then Jacqueline Bouvier, in the 1940s. The seven-acre property and 23,000 square-foot, Georgian-style mansion sit on the banks of the Potomac River outside of Washington, D.C.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Trowbridge’s Clio app featured as a top humanities project in US
- Juan Cole says Israel is now openly embracing apartheid and racial supremacy
- Historians accuse Croatia of covering up World War II Crimes
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama