A brief history of the National Endowment for the ArtsBreaking News
President Trump's first federal budget proposal is targeting the National Endowment for the Arts, threatening to cease funding to the agency and similar organizations, such as the National Endowment for the Humanities, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
It's not the first time the NEA has been at the center of our culture wars.
Here's a timeline of the agency's accomplishments and controversies and previous attempts to shut it down...
comments powered by Disqus
- What Happened to the Plan to Put Harriet Tubman on the $20 Bill?
- What Does Invoking The 25th Amendment Actually Look Like?
- Paul Allen’s team finds wreck of storied USS Helena, torpedoed in 1943
- Israel Celebrates Its 70th Israeli Style: With Rancor and Bickering
- ‘One last time’: Barbara Bush had already faced a death more painful than her own
- Mary Beard cut from US version of “Civilisations"
- Timothy Garton Ash: "We have six months to foil Brexit. And here’s how we can do it.”
- Why the Pulitzer Prize committee keeps ignoring women’s history
- No, we're not reliving the 1960s, says Harvard historian Arne Westad
- 2018 Pulitzers in History, Biography and Nonfiction Go to ...