Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and CultureBreaking News
tags: National Museum of African American History and Culture, NMAAHC, Trump
President Trump paid a visit Tuesday to the Smithsonian's National Museum of African American History and Culture, in a nod to a constituency that voted overwhelmingly for his Democratic opponent last fall.
The president arrived at the museum on the Mall in Washington shortly before 9 a.m., accompanied by an entourage that included Ben Carson, a retired neurosurgeon who has been tapped to lead the Department of Housing and Urban Development and who is featured in one of the exhibits at the museum, which opened in September.
“This museum is a beautiful tribute to so many American heroes,” Trump said after his tour. “It’s amazing to see. We did a pretty comprehensive tour, but not comprehensive enough.”
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Trowbridge’s Clio app featured as a top humanities project in US
- Juan Cole says Israel is now openly embracing apartheid and racial supremacy
- Historians accuse Croatia of covering up World War II Crimes
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama