'The first Oval Office': Museum will showcase Washington’s Revolutionary War tentBreaking News
tags: Revolutionary War, Washington, Oval Office
A stunning artifact from the Revolutionary War - General George Washington’s field tent – will go on display when the Museum of the American Revolution opens its doors in April.
Dubbed “the first Oval Office,” the canvas tent will be the cornerstone of the Philadelphia-based Museum’s collection of approximately 3,000 Revolutionary War-era artifacts.
The museum’s opening on April 19 will be the first time in decades that the tent has been on public display.
comments powered by Disqus
- Indentured Students: Elizabeth Tandy Shermer on Student Debt (Monday, October 4)
- The Last Good Neighbor: Mexico in the Global Sixties (Washington History Seminar, Mon. 9/27)
- Stoic Wisdom: Ancient Lessons for Modern Resilience (Thursday, 9/23)
- Traveling Black: Mia Bay Joins the Washington History Seminar, September 20
- Why are Historians Facing Online Abuse Over Whether Atlantis Existed?