'The first Oval Office': Museum will showcase Washington’s Revolutionary War tentBreaking News
tags: Revolutionary War, Washington, Oval Office
A stunning artifact from the Revolutionary War - General George Washington’s field tent – will go on display when the Museum of the American Revolution opens its doors in April.
Dubbed “the first Oval Office,” the canvas tent will be the cornerstone of the Philadelphia-based Museum’s collection of approximately 3,000 Revolutionary War-era artifacts.
The museum’s opening on April 19 will be the first time in decades that the tent has been on public display.
comments powered by Disqus
- Political Historian-Commentator Richard Reeves Dies at 83
- The War (Not The Flu) That Saved The World Series
- ‘Unworthy Republic’ Takes an Unflinching Look at Indian Removal in the 1830s
- The Unlikely Story Behind Japanese Americans' Campaign For Reparations
- The U.S. Government Has Mobilized Private Companies to Face Crises Before. Here’s What to Know