Trump hangs portrait of Andrew Jackson in Oval OfficeBreaking News
tags: election 2016, Andrew Jackson, Trump
Related Link No, Trump is not another Jackson By Sean Wilentz
Trump's rise has often been compared to the populist election of Jackson, including by some of the new president's own team.
Chief White House strategist Steve Bannon called Trump’s inauguration speech on Friday “Jacksonian,” saying it struck the populist and patriotic tones Jackson was known for.
Trump has also expressed admiration for the seventh president, as well, calling Jackson “an amazing figure in American history — very unique so many ways,” through a spokesperson last week.
comments powered by Disqus
- Alabama-based League of the South launches Russian-language page to promote 'Southern nationalism'
- Young Jews Are Rebelling on Israeli Heritage Trips
- City Releases Trove of Documents in Central Park Jogger Case
- Kavanaugh: Watergate tapes decision may have been wrong
- Facebook Puts Holocaust Denial Groups in Top Search Results
- Historian Rick Shenkman on Donald Trump: “All the worst things in American history piled together”
- Patty Limerick criticizes History Colorado for 'history lite' exhibits
- Scholar says Leviticus 1.0 didn’t demonize same-sex relationships
- Martha Jones sets the record straight about birthright citizenship
- Max Boot: This conservative would take Obama back in a nanosecond