A nation of dissent: The most famous inaugural protests in U.S. historyBreaking News
tags: inauguration, election 2016, Trump, Inaugural Protest
Thousands of people are expected to descend on the nation’s capital this week to protest President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration.
The National Park Service has granted demonstration permits to at least 28 groups and is expecting more than 350,000 protesters. Of those, about 200,000 are participating in the Women’s March on Washington, according to Politico. In another form of protest, a growing number of lawmakers are simply refusing to attend at all.
“These are unprecedented numbers,” Mike Litterst, a spokesman for the National Park Service, told Politico.
comments powered by Disqus
- Pulling Back the Curtain on Industrial Toxins
- Did Abraham Lincoln sleep here?
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- The next president of the OAH will be ... Yale's Joanne Meyerowitz
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority