Rep. Carolyn Maloney pushes for a Smithsonian Museum of American Women's History in WashingtonBreaking News
tags: Smithsonian, NWHM, Museum of American Womens History
The time is now for a Smithsonian Museum of American Women’s History on the National Mall in Washington, Rep. Carolyn Maloney said Monday.
“We should be proud to make a strong statement that Americans value women, champion equality and honor the significant contributions of women throughout our history,” the Manhattan Democrat said.
An advocacy group, the Common Good, announced a Change.org petition calling on Congress to authorize construction of the museum.
comments powered by Disqus
- Australian university students dress as Ku Klux Klan and in blackface
- Jefferson’s Monticello finally gives Sally Hemings her place in presidential history
- You Are Never Going to Believe Which Verse Was Most Quoted in American Newspapers Between 1840 and 1920
- Albert Einstein decried racism in America, but was guilty of it himself
- Trump retreats from US moral leadership stance
- More fallout from SHAFR's decision to invite David Petraeus as keynote speaker
- ‘EU is weakest world power’ Niall Ferguson says
- Library of Congress to Award Drew Gilpin Faust a $1 Million Prize for Achievement in the Study of Humanity
- Sociologist says northern newspapers should apologize for how THEY covered lynchings
- Julian Zelizer says GOPers like Boehner paved the way for their irrelevance in the age of Trump