The Overlooked Problem in the History Jobs CrisisHistorians in the News
tags: history majors, history crisis, AHA2017
PhD programs emphasize research, but small schools that are hiring need people who can teach, says Kevin Gannon.
This interview was recorded by the History News Network on January 7, 2017 at the annual meeting of the American Historical Association.
comments powered by Disqus
- Pulling Back the Curtain on Industrial Toxins
- Did Abraham Lincoln sleep here?
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- The next president of the OAH will be ... Yale's Joanne Meyerowitz
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority