The Overlooked Problem in the History Jobs CrisisHistorians in the News
tags: history majors, history crisis, AHA2017
PhD programs emphasize research, but small schools that are hiring need people who can teach, says Kevin Gannon.
This interview was recorded by the History News Network on January 7, 2017 at the annual meeting of the American Historical Association.
comments powered by Disqus
- It Really Is Time to Get Rid of the Filibuster
- A Tale of Atomic Bombs and Paper Cranes: Harry Truman's Grandson Pursues Reconciliation
- The Real Reason the American Economy Boomed After World War II
- Florence Revives Medieval Plague-Era ‘Wine Windows’ for Contactless Service
- Tulane Canceled a Talk by the Author of an Acclaimed Anti-Racism Book After Students Said the Event Was 'Violent'
- Experiencing War Far From the Battlefield
- Isabel Wilkerson’s World-Historical Theory of Race and Caste
- Queens Powhatan and Pocahontas Democratic Club Considers Name Change
- Eminent Scholar of Early U.S., Bernard Bailyn, Dies at 97
- Manhattan Beach to Present Bruce's Beach History, Community Awaits Historians' Voices