Armies looting historic sites in Middle East, warn academicsBreaking News
tags: Middle East, Syria
A Glasgow University academic has claimed that military personnel are involved in the looting of historic sites in Syria and Iraq.
Dr Claudia Gatz is taking a leading role in combating the threat facing war-torn ancient archaeological sites in the Middle East, some of which, she says, are seeing looting by various armies.
The university is hosting a major international conference, which began yesterday, that is discussing the international response to preserve and protect cultural heritage and historical sites.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89
- Jon Meacham finds new meaning in the Age of Trump in Barbara Tuchman’s work on “The March of Folly”