Trump tells Douglas Brinkley he wants to send man back to the moonBreaking News
tags: election 2016, Douglas Brinkley, Trump
A historian who met with Donald Trump says the president-elect was "very interested in a man going to the moon."
Historian Douglas Brinkley met with Trump at the Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida on Wednesday afternoon.
Brinkley told reporters after the meeting his conversation with Trump focused on "Nixon and Reagan and Kennedy ... a sort of history of the presidency and past inaugurals and things like that."
He also mentioned that Trump "was very interested in a man going to the moon and the moon shot so we were talking a little bit about that."
Brinkley is a professor at Rice University, where former President John F. Kennedy famously delivered his "we choose to go to the moon" speech in 1962. ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Pulling Back the Curtain on Industrial Toxins
- Did Abraham Lincoln sleep here?
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- The next president of the OAH will be ... Yale's Joanne Meyerowitz
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority