Trump tells Douglas Brinkley he wants to send man back to the moonBreaking News
tags: election 2016, Douglas Brinkley, Trump
A historian who met with Donald Trump says the president-elect was "very interested in a man going to the moon."
Historian Douglas Brinkley met with Trump at the Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida on Wednesday afternoon.
Brinkley told reporters after the meeting his conversation with Trump focused on "Nixon and Reagan and Kennedy ... a sort of history of the presidency and past inaugurals and things like that."
He also mentioned that Trump "was very interested in a man going to the moon and the moon shot so we were talking a little bit about that."
Brinkley is a professor at Rice University, where former President John F. Kennedy famously delivered his "we choose to go to the moon" speech in 1962. ...
comments powered by Disqus
- A 1911 Report Set America On a Path of Screening Out ‘Undesirable’ Immigrants
- Think it’s strange that immigrants are in the army?
- The story of Donald Trump’s grandfather, who came to the U.S. as an unaccompanied minor
- At Summit Meetings, Kremlin Often Tried to Steamroller U.S. Presidents
- How A Tariff Loving Utah Senator Became A Cautionary Tale About Protectionism
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama
- Oxford professor counts 93 penises in Bayeux Tapestry
- Medieval Scholars Call for Transparency and Anti-Racism at Conference
- Robert Dallek's FDR Book Invites Comparisons To Trump's Presidency
- Ridley Scott to Adapt Israeli Author's "Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind" Into a Movie