Trump tells Douglas Brinkley he wants to send man back to the moonBreaking News
tags: election 2016, Douglas Brinkley, Trump
A historian who met with Donald Trump says the president-elect was "very interested in a man going to the moon."
Historian Douglas Brinkley met with Trump at the Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida on Wednesday afternoon.
Brinkley told reporters after the meeting his conversation with Trump focused on "Nixon and Reagan and Kennedy ... a sort of history of the presidency and past inaugurals and things like that."
He also mentioned that Trump "was very interested in a man going to the moon and the moon shot so we were talking a little bit about that."
Brinkley is a professor at Rice University, where former President John F. Kennedy famously delivered his "we choose to go to the moon" speech in 1962. ...
comments powered by Disqus
- History Says Bloomberg 2020 Would Be a Sure Loser
- Then and now: How Trump impeachment hearing is different
- Poland asks Netflix to make changes to documentary about Nazi death camp guard
- What is a caliph? The Islamic State tries to boost its legitimacy by hijacking a historic institution
- Russian Historian Professor, Found With Bag of Severed Arms, Admits He Killed Student
- Black Perspectives Publishes Online Forum: "Researching, Teaching, and Embodying the Black Diaspora"
- Distinguished professor, civil war historian James I. “Bud” Robertson Jr. passes away
- Noel Ignatiev, scholar who called for abolishing whiteness, dies at 78
- Historians Elizabeth Catte, Rebecca Solnit, and Peniel Joseph Quoted in Washington Post Article, "The Democrats Are Moving Left. Will America Follow?"
- When Southern Historians Made History Themselves