Trump tells Douglas Brinkley he wants to send man back to the moonBreaking News
tags: election 2016, Douglas Brinkley, Trump
A historian who met with Donald Trump says the president-elect was "very interested in a man going to the moon."
Historian Douglas Brinkley met with Trump at the Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida on Wednesday afternoon.
Brinkley told reporters after the meeting his conversation with Trump focused on "Nixon and Reagan and Kennedy ... a sort of history of the presidency and past inaugurals and things like that."
He also mentioned that Trump "was very interested in a man going to the moon and the moon shot so we were talking a little bit about that."
Brinkley is a professor at Rice University, where former President John F. Kennedy famously delivered his "we choose to go to the moon" speech in 1962. ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Trowbridge’s Clio app featured as a top humanities project in US
- Juan Cole says Israel is now openly embracing apartheid and racial supremacy
- Historians accuse Croatia of covering up World War II Crimes
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama