Could Bernie Sanders Have Won?Breaking News
tags: election 2016, Bernie Sanders
Kevin Drum put together a nice chart of every Democratic presidential candidate in the postwar era — and included Bernie Sanders. The candidates are ranked from least liberal to most liberal using NOMINATE to gauge how liberal senators were, an academic paper to measure the governors; and some judgment to shift a few candidates around.
It’s not perfect, but it comes pretty close.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Real Reason the American Economy Boomed After World War II
- Florence Revives Medieval Plague-Era ‘Wine Windows’ for Contactless Service
- Tulane Canceled a Talk by the Author of an Acclaimed Anti-Racism Book After Students Said the Event Was 'Violent'
- Sunday Reading: Hiroshima
- More Than a Century Before the 19th Amendment, Women were Voting in New Jersey
- Black Americans Who Served in WWII Faced Segregation and Second-Class Roles
- Lincoln Library Cancels Exhibition Over Racial Sensitivity Concerns
- Nixon Did Call the Military on Protesters. He Just Covered It Up.
- Historians Pay Tribute: ‘Today We Live In John Hume’s Ireland, And Thank God For That’
- Let Us Drink in Public