Could Bernie Sanders Have Won?Breaking News
tags: election 2016, Bernie Sanders
Kevin Drum put together a nice chart of every Democratic presidential candidate in the postwar era — and included Bernie Sanders. The candidates are ranked from least liberal to most liberal using NOMINATE to gauge how liberal senators were, an academic paper to measure the governors; and some judgment to shift a few candidates around.
It’s not perfect, but it comes pretty close.
comments powered by Disqus
- New Statue Unsettles Italian City: Is It Celebrating a Poet or a Nationalist?
- A Charter School Gets Canceled for Wanting to Teach Indigenous History
- The 1969 Documentary That Tried to Humanize Queen Elizabeth II and The Royal Family
- The 96-Year-History of the Equal Rights Amendment
- The Amazon Rainforest under Threat
- An interview with historian James Oakes on the New York Times’ 1619 Project
- Historian Jeffrey Engel Takes Listener Questions On Impeachment Inquiry on NPR's All Things Considered
- 5 Historians on What Was Truly Unprecedented in This Week’s Impeachment Hearings
- Teaching impeaching: History comes to life in school as teachers seize on this historic moment. Here’s what some are doing — and how.
- Smithsonian Elevates the Frequently Ignored Histories of Women