Could Bernie Sanders Have Won?Breaking News
tags: election 2016, Bernie Sanders
Kevin Drum put together a nice chart of every Democratic presidential candidate in the postwar era — and included Bernie Sanders. The candidates are ranked from least liberal to most liberal using NOMINATE to gauge how liberal senators were, an academic paper to measure the governors; and some judgment to shift a few candidates around.
It’s not perfect, but it comes pretty close.
comments powered by Disqus
- A 1911 Report Set America On a Path of Screening Out ‘Undesirable’ Immigrants
- Think it’s strange that immigrants are in the army?
- The story of Donald Trump’s grandfather, who came to the U.S. as an unaccompanied minor
- At Summit Meetings, Kremlin Often Tried to Steamroller U.S. Presidents
- How A Tariff Loving Utah Senator Became A Cautionary Tale About Protectionism
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama
- Oxford professor counts 93 penises in Bayeux Tapestry
- Medieval Scholars Call for Transparency and Anti-Racism at Conference
- Robert Dallek's FDR Book Invites Comparisons To Trump's Presidency
- Ridley Scott to Adapt Israeli Author's "Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind" Into a Movie