Fake news: Popular post claims Obama led U.N. to make U.S. pay African-Americans reparationsBreaking News
tags: election 2016, Fake News
A fake news story circulating online falsely says President Barack Obama has used the United Nations to somehow force the United States to pay African-Americans reparations for slavery.
The headline from the website Freedom Daily is wrong in every way and should be disregarded. "Obama-Led U.N. Has Just Made It Official, U.S. To Immediately Pay Blacks ‘Reparations’," it read on Dec. 9, 2016.
Freedom Daily, which bills itself as "a forum for discussing meaningful conservative American and world news," quotes a story from a similar website called the Conservative Daily Post.
comments powered by Disqus
- What Happened to the Plan to Put Harriet Tubman on the $20 Bill?
- What Does Invoking The 25th Amendment Actually Look Like?
- Paul Allen’s team finds wreck of storied USS Helena, torpedoed in 1943
- Israel Celebrates Its 70th Israeli Style: With Rancor and Bickering
- ‘One last time’: Barbara Bush had already faced a death more painful than her own
- Mary Beard cut from US version of “Civilisations"
- Timothy Garton Ash: "We have six months to foil Brexit. And here’s how we can do it.”
- Why the Pulitzer Prize committee keeps ignoring women’s history
- No, we're not reliving the 1960s, says Harvard historian Arne Westad
- 2018 Pulitzers in History, Biography and Nonfiction Go to ...