Arkansas School Board Member’s Blackface Photo Leads to Calls for ResignationBreaking News
tags: racism, Arkansas
Ted Bonner, an eastern-Arkansas school board member, is being called on to resign by the Arkansas NAACP and several residents after photos surfaced of him wearing blackface as a costume for a Halloween party while also holding a sign referring to the Black Lives Matter movement, the Associated Press reports.
On Monday, during a Blevins School Board meeting, the NAACP and others demanded Bonner’s resignation. Bonner, however, who has two years left in his term, has refused to resign.
According to AP, during the meeting, Bonner, who is white, refused to address the question as to why he dressed up in blackface.
comments powered by Disqus
- A 1911 Report Set America On a Path of Screening Out ‘Undesirable’ Immigrants
- Think it’s strange that immigrants are in the army?
- The story of Donald Trump’s grandfather, who came to the U.S. as an unaccompanied minor
- At Summit Meetings, Kremlin Often Tried to Steamroller U.S. Presidents
- How A Tariff Loving Utah Senator Became A Cautionary Tale About Protectionism
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama
- Oxford professor counts 93 penises in Bayeux Tapestry
- Medieval Scholars Call for Transparency and Anti-Racism at Conference
- Robert Dallek's FDR Book Invites Comparisons To Trump's Presidency
- Ridley Scott to Adapt Israeli Author's "Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind" Into a Movie