Haaretz: Israel adopts Warsaw's narrative, ignores Holocaust crimes by PolesBreaking News
tags: Holocaust, Israel, Warsaw
A joint statement Tuesday by the Israeli and Polish governments made no mention of Polish persecution of Jews during the Holocaust despite the several paragraphs devoted to Holocaust remembrance.
Critics charge that Poland’s right-wing government has been trying to obliterate that and other unpleasant facts from the historical record.
A senior Israeli official said that at no point during the talks did Israel seek to insert anything about Poles who collaborated with the Nazis during the Holocaust.
comments powered by Disqus
- What Happened to the Plan to Put Harriet Tubman on the $20 Bill?
- What Does Invoking The 25th Amendment Actually Look Like?
- Paul Allen’s team finds wreck of storied USS Helena, torpedoed in 1943
- Israel Celebrates Its 70th Israeli Style: With Rancor and Bickering
- ‘One last time’: Barbara Bush had already faced a death more painful than her own
- Mary Beard cut from US version of “Civilisations"
- Timothy Garton Ash: "We have six months to foil Brexit. And here’s how we can do it.”
- Why the Pulitzer Prize committee keeps ignoring women’s history
- No, we're not reliving the 1960s, says Harvard historian Arne Westad
- 2018 Pulitzers in History, Biography and Nonfiction Go to ...