Study finds the top major of US Presidents is … HistoryBreaking News
tags: presidents, election 2016
Current U.S. president Barack Obama graduated from Columbia University with a degree in political science before attending and graduating from Harvard Law School. Senator Bernie Sanders was a University of Chicago grad. George W. Bush went to Yale and then Harvard Business School. And Bill Clinton graduated from Georgetown University and Yale Law School.
As you might expect, many of our nation's elected officials have highly recognizable universities on their resumes and have earned prestigious-sounding degrees. This led us to wonder—which schools have produced the most American presidents? And which have a reputation for sending their graduates to Congress?
To find out, we researched the educational backgrounds of every U.S. president and current members of Congress and compiled those data to form a larger picture of education in politics throughout American history and today.
Here's what we learned.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- New transcript of Ayn Rand at West Point in 1974 shows she claimed “savage" Indians had no right to live here just because they were born here
- The Mexican War Suggests Ukraine May End Up Conceding Crimea. World War I Suggests the Price May Be Tragic if it Doesn't
- The Vietnam War Crimes You Never Heard Of