Study finds the top major of US Presidents is … HistoryBreaking News
tags: presidents, election 2016
Current U.S. president Barack Obama graduated from Columbia University with a degree in political science before attending and graduating from Harvard Law School. Senator Bernie Sanders was a University of Chicago grad. George W. Bush went to Yale and then Harvard Business School. And Bill Clinton graduated from Georgetown University and Yale Law School.
As you might expect, many of our nation's elected officials have highly recognizable universities on their resumes and have earned prestigious-sounding degrees. This led us to wonder—which schools have produced the most American presidents? And which have a reputation for sending their graduates to Congress?
To find out, we researched the educational backgrounds of every U.S. president and current members of Congress and compiled those data to form a larger picture of education in politics throughout American history and today.
Here's what we learned.
comments powered by Disqus
- One Absurdity of Texas's Divisive Concepts Law? Call to Rename Slave Trade as "Involuntary Relocation"
- 3 Law Profs: Connecting Abortion and Voting Rights at SCOTUS
- The Other Cancel Culture: A University Administration Caves to a Conservative Crusade
- Unserved Warrant for Carolyn Bryant Donham's Arrest in Till Lynching Discovered in Box in Courthouse Basement
- 1989-2001: America's "Lost Weekend" When the Nation Blew its Shot at Peace and Prosperity