The tacky practice of using 9/11 to market consumer goods backfires yet againBreaking News
As the 15th anniversary of 9/11 approaches, many Americans are preparing themselves for a day of reflection. For some, it will involve mourning. For others, it will be an opportunity to look forward.
But for some folks who work in marketing, it’ll be another chance to do a little #branding.
Each year, companies across the United States employ remarkably tone-deaf marketing strategies that somehow reference 9/11.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Trowbridge’s Clio app featured as a top humanities project in US
- Juan Cole says Israel is now openly embracing apartheid and racial supremacy
- Historians accuse Croatia of covering up World War II Crimes
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama