Obama Is Said to Have Picked Presidential Library Site in ChicagoBreaking News
tags: Chicago, Obama, Presidential Library
President Obama and the foundation helping to plot his path after the White House have selected Jackson Park on the South Side of Chicago as the site of his presidential library, ending a debate within his inner circle about the location, a person familiar with the decision said Wednesday.
Mr. Obama and his presidential foundation have been deliberating for months over whether to place the library in Jackson Park, which is on a broad expanse of Lake Michigan and borders the Woodlawn neighborhood, or in the Washington Park neighborhood, which is closer to the Obamas’ home in Chicago.
Even when the Barack Obama Foundation announced it had selected architects for the project this month — choosing the New York husband-and-wife team of Tod Williams and Billie Tsien — it had still not made its final choice of sites.
comments powered by Disqus
- What Does Invoking The 25th Amendment Actually Look Like?
- Paul Allen’s team finds wreck of storied USS Helena, torpedoed in 1943
- Israel Celebrates Its 70th Israeli Style: With Rancor and Bickering
- ‘One last time’: Barbara Bush had already faced a death more painful than her own
- Belgium comes to terms with 'human zoos' of its colonial past
- Mary Beard cut from US version of “Civilisations"
- Timothy Garton Ash: "We have six months to foil Brexit. And here’s how we can do it.”
- Why the Pulitzer Prize committee keeps ignoring women’s history
- No, we're not reliving the 1960s, says Harvard historian Arne Westad
- 2018 Pulitzers in History, Biography and Nonfiction Go to ...