How Donald Trump’s 1993 comments about ‘Indians’ previewed much of his 2016 campaignBreaking News
tags: election 2016, Trump
Among the various incidents in Donald Trump's pre-political past that have rumbled through the public's awareness over the past year was a moment when he said that the operators of Native American casinos as "don’t look like Indians to me." When Trump renewed his attacks on Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) last month, calling her "Pocahontas," we wrote about Trump's tense history with Native Americans and Native American issues, pointing back to a news story about the 1993 hearing during which Trump made the comment.
comments powered by Disqus
- Raw Fish and Tapeworms: Ancient Latrines Reveal the Diets of Our Ancestors
- Sam Houston Could Soon Be Getting His Own Presidential Library
- Trump delays release of some JFK assassination files until 2021, bowing to national security concerns
- A Lynching Memorial Is Opening. The Country HasNever Seen Anything Like It.
- Gina Haspel’s CIA Torture File
- Historian Erik Loomis makes the case for a federal jobs guarantee
- Michael Beschloss says this isn't the most politically divisive time in America
- This is what happened when a historian with a rural background wrote favorably about gun control in the Washington Post
- Is Economics Going Back To The 1800s? Maybe So.
- Historian: Why destroying archives is never a good idea