ISIS Destroys Ancient Adad & Mashki Gates in Nineveh, IraqBreaking News
tags: ISIS, ISIL, Ancient Artifacts
In a new photo report purportedly released by the Islamic State, ISIS confirms news reports of satellite imagery showing the destruction of the reconstructed Adad and Mashki Gates and a large portion of Nineveh's fortification wall. The photo report was released on ISIS terrorist channels on May 15.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Titanic Wreck Will Now Be Protected Under a 'Momentous Agreement' With the U.S.
- Arrested for having sex with men, this gay civil rights leader could finally be pardoned in California
- Ancient aboriginal aquaculture system older than Stonehenge uncovered by Australia wildfires
- How the Government Came to Decide the Color of Your Food
- In 1851, a Maryland Farmer Tried to Kidnap Free Blacks in Pennsylvania. He Wasn’t Expecting the Neighborhood to Fight Back
- The Way We Write History Has Changed
- Rethinking How We Train Historians
- Building a digital archive for decaying paper documents, preserving centuries of records about enslaved people
- The Radical Lives of Abolitionists
- National Security Archive Releases USCYBERCOM documents which shed new light on the campaign to counter ISIS in cyberspace