After Hack by Neo-Nazi Group, Anti-Semitic Fliers Appear on Campus PrintersBreaking News
tags: education, Anti Semitic, Neo Nazi
Students at various colleges nationwide were stunned and upset Friday to find anti-Semitic fliers (below) on campus printers. Many students initially assumed that someone in their library or residence hall had printed the flier. But as the day went on, more campuses reported the same flier on their printers. The flier -- including two swastikas -- accuses Jews of "destroying your country through mass immigration and degeneracy." A neo-Nazi group that runs the website called The Daily Stormer (named in the flier) took credit for hacking the various printers and expressed pleasure in the distress of students who found the fliers.
Colleges and universities that received the fliers denounced them and said that they were investigating how their printers were hacked and were taking steps to try to prevent further such hacking.
Among the institutions where the fliers showed up were Brown University, California State University at Long Beach, Clark University, DePaul University, Northeastern University, Oregon State University, Smith College, Princeton University, the University of California at Davis, the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, the University of Oregon, the University of Rhode Island and the University of Southern California.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Rothschilds, a pamphlet by ‘Satan’ and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories tied to a battle 200 years ago
- How Smithsonian Helped Solve the Twitter Mystery of the Unknown Woman Scientist
- It’s Disturbingly Easy to Buy Iraq’s Archeological Treasures
- Geneticist at Harvard Medical School has retrieved DNA from more than 900 ancient people.
- A load of gold worth up to $54 million went missing during the Civil War. There may be a break in the case.
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism
- Q: “Sir, would you like a history of this monument?” A: “F**k You!”
- Russian gulag historian faces 9 years in prison
- “Civilisations" presenter David Olusoga blames Winston Churchill for war crimes in Africa