ISIS driven out of Palmyra by Assad troopsBreaking News
tags: Syria, Palmyra
The Syrian army has been advancing for weeks on the outskirts of ancient Palmyra in an offensive to drive ISIS out of the city and return it to government control. Today the army declared victory after conducting a raid on the city supported by Russian airstrikes. Elizabeth Palmer reports.
● Historian Juan Cole on what's just happened in Palmyra
comments powered by Disqus
- Which is the greatest 'witch hunt' in US political history?
- A Fake Site Posted an Apology for the Mormon Church’s History of Racism
- Republicans Escalate Bitter Fight Over Judicial Nominations
- ‘Bigger Than Watergate’? Both Sides Say Yes, but for Different Reasons
- Is Trump the Second Coming of Reagan?
- When did the Census begin to ask about citizenship?
- As historians and New York City educators, here’s what we hope teachers hear in New York City's new anti-bias training
- Historian's new book backs Taika Waititi's claims New Zealand is 'racist as f**k’
- Howard M. Sachar, GWU scholar and ‘trailblazer’ of Jewish history, dies at 90
- Bernard Lewis, eminent historian of the Middle East, dies at 101