Pat Nixon predicted Donald Trump’s rise — 29 years agoBreaking News
tags: election 2016, Trump, Pat Nixon
Former first lady Pat Nixon watched Trump on the “Phil Donahue Show” in December 1987. The Manhattan builder so impressed her that she told her husband, the former president who resigned the Oval Office in disgrace in 1974.
I did not see the program, but Mrs. Nixon told me you were greaton the Donahue show.
As you can imagine, she is an expert on politics and she predicts that whenever you decide to run for office, you will be a winner!
That 29-year-old letter was sitting in the Nixon Presidential Library until it was unearthed last year in a biography of Trump entitled “Never Enough.”And ever since, it seems, the front-runner has been trying to prove Nixon right. As Maggie Haberman and Alexander Burns of the New York Times reported over the weekend, Trump’s desperate bid for national political stature and relevance began in earnest during his flirtations five years ago.
comments powered by Disqus
- Pulling Back the Curtain on Industrial Toxins
- Did Abraham Lincoln sleep here?
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- The next president of the OAH will be ... Yale's Joanne Meyerowitz
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority