South Carolina Trump Supporters Say They’ll Never Forgive Nikki Haley For Removing Confederate FlagBreaking News
tags: election 2016, Confederacy, Trump
South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (R) announced Wednesday that she is endorsing Marco Rubio for president, potentially giving the Florida senator a much needed bump in the state ahead of Saturday’s primary.
But Donald Trump supporters in South Carolina’s lowcountry aren’t bothered that the real estate mogul lost the governor and rising GOP star’s endorsement. Voters at Trump rallies on Wednesday told ThinkProgress that Haley lost their support when she made the decision last summer to remove the Confederate flag from the state capitol, where it had flown for 54 years. And they said they will never forgive her.
“That’s history,” said Tammi Lawton, who attended Trump’s rally in Walterboro with four friends. “No matter which way you look at it, that is history. That’s Southern history, and she’s a stupid idiot.”
comments powered by Disqus
- Human Evolution: Walking Upright Evolved at Least 3.6 Million Years Ago—Long Before Modern Humans Appeared
- Why a primary challenge to Trump is likely to fail
- Smog and Disasters Spurred the Laws Trump Wants to Undo
- After Sylvester Stallone Call, Trump Considers ‘Full Pardon’ of Long-Dead Black Boxer
- Disclosed: Journalist helped defuse a budding conflict between the US and Cuba in 1964
- Dartmouth historian Matthew J. Garcia says conservative partisans in Arizona have taken over a civics school he once ran
- Berkeley’s Carolyn Merchant explains what ecofeminism is
- University of Southern California's David Kang says Korea is the only place on earth where the Cold War continues
- W.R. Smyser, U.S. diplomat turned historian of postwar Germany, dies at 86
- Max Boot: North Korea is conning Donald Trump yet again